Training & Development
The Company aims to ensure that staff has the maximum possible opportunity to engage in staff development initiatives.
In providing staff development opportunities, the Company aims to ensure the maintenance and active promotion of equal opportunity. All staff will have access to appropriate staff development, bearing in mind that the nature of training and the individual’s current level of career development.
Current Skills Development in the Company:
- Learnerships through accredited training providers
- Internal Training by experienced and qualified mentors
- Short Learning courses
- Bursaries and student programs
Safety, Health and Environment
At Jodan Construction we believe that all workplace injuries and illnesses are preventable. This is driven by:
- An uncompromising commitment to zero harm
- Active involvement with regard to Risk Management by all stakeholders
- Continuous improvement of our Safety and Risk Management Systems
- Continuously training and developing our people on Risk and Safety awareness
- Applying industry best practice on all our sites
As such, Jodan Construction (Pty) Ltd strives towards full compliance to the requirements of the International Standards Organization (ISO) and relevant SHE legislation, ie Occupational Health and Safety Act, Mine Health and Safety Act, National Environmental Management Act. All controls and procedures are formalized against a comprehensive Safety Management System that is based on the direction and guidelines as set out in the internationally recognized Safety Management System (OHSAS 18001: 2007).
Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment
Jodan Construction (Pty) Ltd achieved a BBEEE level 3 construction charter status in 2012.
It is one of the objectives of the company to maintain the BBBEE goals and achievements.